Updated: December 15, 2013
In the hills above Banning about 3-1/2 miles north of the I-10 Freeway, Banning, CA 92220
Brown Bluff in Banning a place to fly frontside in the Santa Ana’s (RCGroups)
Santa Ana Winds slope! Works best with ENE wind. NE to E winds flyable.
Park ‘n’ fly slope which drops 180+ feet to the valley below. Slope is extremely steep and downed plane recovery on the slope can be difficult, but it’s a short drive on the paved road to the bottom of the slope. The LZ is large, flat, and typically covered with grass, and there isn’t much of a rotor.
Starting point: East or westbound on the I-10 Freeway in W. Banning.
- Exit the I-10 at Sunset Ave.
- Go north up the hill past the water towers.
- In about 2.7 miles the road will make a hard right and become Mesa St.
- Follow Mesa St. about .65 miles until it tees into Bluff St.
- Turn RIGHT on Bluff St.
- Continue South on Bluff St. about 0.1 miles and park off the road on the right north of the fence.
33.9246, -116.9118 – Junction I-10 & Sunset Ave.
33.9620, -116.9072 – Junction Sunset Ave. & Mesa St.
33.9664, -116.9010 – Junction Mesa St. & Bluff St.
All coordinates on this page are WGS84/NAD83 map datum.