Updated: December 15, 2013
Angeles National Forest between Castaic Lake and Lancaster
WEATHER OBSERVATION LINKS:
GMTC1 Grass Mountain (MesoWest), Top of slope
Smooth South-facing slope with parking near slope face. Big lift in S. winds. Good LZ
Starting point: Northbound I-5 @ SR-14:
- Take I-5 N to Valencia Blvd. and turn RIGHT.
- Go E 1 mi. to McBean Pkwy. and turn LEFT.
- Go N on McBean Pkwy. for 3.6 mi. to Copper Hill Dr. and turn RIGHT.
- Go E on Copper Hill Dr for 0.4 mi. to San Fransisquito Canyon Rd. and turn LEFT.
- Go N on San Fransisquito Canyon Rd. for 18.3 mi. to Forest Road 6N04 (look for the blue CALL BOX sign) and turn LEFT.
- Go W on FR-6N04 for 2.2 mi. to the Grass Mountain Fire Rd. (white gates) and turn LEFT.
- Go S then W on the Grass Mountain Fire Rd. for 0.8 mi. past the cell tower and park on top.
34.46186, -118.54260 • Junction of Copper Hill Dr. and San Fransisquito Canyon Rd.
34.63962, -118.38095 • Junction of San Fransisquito Canyon Rd. and Forest Road 6N04.
34.64248, -118.40448 • Junction of FR-6N04 and Grass Mountain Fire Rd.
All coordinates on this page are WGS84/NAD83 map datum.