Updated: December 15, 2013
Hill N of the I-215 and SR-30 junction in San Bernardino, CA 92405
I.E. slope site___Little Mountain SLOPE SITE. a place for video, pics+info.. (RCGroups)
Good lift in W to SW wind. Back side is good in N to NE Santa Ana winds.
WEATHER OBSERVATION LINKS:
RLTC1 Rialto (MesoWest), Aprox. 3.5 mi. SW of slope.
DVOC1 Devore (MesoWest), Aprox. 6.2 mi. NW of slope near 15 & 215 junction.
CQ058 San Bernardino (MesoWest), Aprox. 2.5 mi. SSE of slope.
Good lift, easy access, and ample LZ. DS potential in the right winds.
Starting point: Junction of I-10 and I-210:
- Go N on I-210 for 5.2 mi. and EXIT at the Mt. Vernon Ave./27th St. off ramp.
- Turn RIGHT on Mt Vernon Ave.
- Go E about 100′ to Little Mountain Dr and turn LEFT.
- Go N on Little Mountain Dr. for 1.5 mi. to W. Hangglider Rd. (dirt) and turn RIGHT.
- Go SE on dirt road past communications towers to parking area.
34.14068, -117.31490 • Junction of 27th St. and Little Mountain Dr.
34.16039, -117.32149 • Junction of Little Mountain Dr. and Hangglider Rd.
34.15917, -117.32149 • Parking area.
All coordinates on this page are WGS84/NAD83 map datum.