Adeded: December 17, 2013
Norco, Riverside County, Inland Empire
NE and SW winds both work well for front-side and DS.
Great slope for both front-side and dynamic soaring but landing areas are generally small and rocky. Works well in both Santa Ana and onshore wind conditions. Several DS world records in numerous classes have been set at this location.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS (CLICK HERE for Google map):
Starting point: Junction of I-15 and the 91 Freeways
- Go NORTH 3.6 mi. on I-15 to Sixth St. and EXIT.
- TURN RIGHT on 6th St. and go 1.6 mi. to California Ave.
- TURN LEFT on California Ave. and go 1.1 mi. to North Dr.
- TURN RIGHT on North Dr. (Arlington Ave.) and go 0.5 mi. to the Crestlawn Memorial Park (cemetary).
- TURN RIGHT into the cemetary.
- TURN LEFT at the first intersection.
- Follow the perimeter road of the cemetary around to the 2nd dirt road on the LEFT.
- TURN LEFT on the dirt road and go to the 2nd dirt road on the RIGHT.
- TURN RIGHT on the 2nd dirt road and go up the hill as far as you feel comfortable going.
The road to the top gets very steep and rocky. It’s possible to get all the way up to the top with some 4WD vehicles but most vehicles won’t make it. There is a wide place to park about half-way up and you can walk to the top from there.
33.93793, -117.55577 = Junction: I-15 & Sixth St.
33.93847, -117.52815 = Junction: Sixth St. & California Ave.
33.95365, -117.52809 = Junction: California Ave. & North Dr.
33.95473, -117.51790 = Entrance to Crestlawn Memorial Park.
33.95136, -117.51611 = Dirt road out of cemetary.
33.94832, -117.51255 = Dirt road up the hill.
All coordinates on this page are WGS84/NAD83 map datum.