Updated: December 15, 2013
1/2 mi. east of the 57 freeway between the I-10 and SR-60 Freeways in Pomona, CA 91766
Temple Hill Flyers- POST WEEKLY REPORTS/INFO+PICS&VIDS (RCGroups)
SW winds work best. Back side works in NE wind
.38 mile hike to top is steep in places. Main flying area has 200+ foot slopes facing SW, W and NE. Some DS potential in SW and NE winds.
Starting point: Northbound from the 60 or southbound from I-10 on the 57 Freeway.
- Exit the 57 Freeway at Temple Ave.
- Go south-east (uphill) on Temple for about 1/4 mile to Mission Blvd. and turn LEFT.
- Go aprox. 1/4 mile north on Mission to Rancho Laguna Dr. and turn RIGHT.
- Go east on Rancho Laguna to Alta Mira Pl. and turn RIGHT.
- Go south on Alta Mira to Los Coyotes Dr. and turn LEFT.
- Follow Los Coyotes around the bend and park near the big tan water tank on the left.
- The trail to the top of the slope starts to the left of the water tank.
34.0405, -117.7981 – Junction: Temple Ave. & Mission Blvd.
34.0432, -117.7967 – Junction: Mission Blvd. & Rancho Laguna Dr.
34.0413, -117.7912 – Junction: Rancho Laguna Dr. & Alta Mira Pl.
34.0400, -117.7912 – Junction: Alta Mira Pl. & Los Coyotes Dr.
34.0404, -117.7885 – Trailhead.
All coordinates on this page are WGS84/NAD83 map datum.