Updated: December 15, 2013
5 mi. S of Palmdale near Vincent, CA 93550
WSW winds work best. NE winds also work on back side.
Flying site is on a ridge with steep slopes on both sides. Good front-side flying in SW wind. Decent front-side flying in E wind. Good DS in both directions.
Starting point: Junction of I-5 and the Antelope Valley Fwy. (SR-14):
- Go N on SR-14 30.4 mi. to Angeles Forest Hwy. and turn RIGHT.
- Go over the bridge at the end of the off ramp and drive S. on Angeles Forest Hwy. for 1.4 mi. to E. Soledad Pass Rd. (dirt) and turn LEFT.
- Go 0.1 mi. E. on Soledad Pass Rd. and turn LEFT on the small dirt road.
- That road will wind it’s way N. along the Angeles Forest Hwy. for about 0.7 mi. and then head E. up the hill. Follow the most-traveled route up the hill about 1.3 mi. to where you drive between 2 huge power line towers.
- From this point on, turn LEFT at all main intersections until you can see the cellular towers to the North. That’s where you want to go.
34.50913, -118.11116 • Junction of SR-14 & Angeles Forest Hwy.
34.48887, -118.11590 • Junction of Angeles Forest Hwy. & E. Soledad Pass Rd.
34.48804, -118.11414 • LEFT turn off of E. Soledad Pass Rd. onto small dirt road.
34.49527, -118.11447 • Dirt road heads east up hill.
34.50397, -118.10265 • Large cell tower (parking).
34.50642, -118.10441 • Flying site.
All coordinates on this page are WGS84/NAD83 map datum.